Cities have an interconnected economy. There is a need to compete among cities and maintain prosperity. This situation leads countries to use new generation technologies and approaches.
The concept of smart city increases the quality of life of people. In this way, it makes living together sustainable. Smart city systems benefit from modern technologies.
It is also much more progressive and ecological, unlike traditional city structures. With its new technologies, it spends the use of scarce resources much more efficiently.
What are the Purposes of Smart Cities?
1. Smart city systems aim to serve the people living in the city by using public resources.
2. Smart cities aim to maintain the established order.
3. Wants to teach people environmental awareness and valuing resources.
4. It aims at infrastructure arrangements with mobility.
5. It aims to use emission-free vehicles. In this way, he wants to facilitate transportation. For example, it has purposes such as establishing a charging station for electric cars.
6. Smart cities aim to address physical, digital or social planning collectively.
7. Smart city solutions aim to meet all challenges in a systematic, fast and sustainable manner.
8. Smart city solutions aim to provide an organizational and integrated service. It also wants to establish a system that is open to innovation.
Smart City Security
1. The main goal of smart cities is public safety.
2. Smart cities are connected through sensors that collect data. In this way, infrastructures are under control.
Smart City Advantages
1. Smart cities are closely concerned with environmental, economic or political issues.
2. The main purpose of smart cities is the protection of essential resources.
3. The smart city wants to make everyday life easier.
4. The smart city has been accepted in society.
5. Smart cities provide fuel and time savings by providing convenient methods of transportation.
6. Smart cities are using my new garbage disposal methods. Thanks to these methods, unnecessary waste of energy is avoided. In addition, the data is optimized. For these reasons, the sensors used make the analysis and send notifications to the drivers.
7. Smart Cities help solve energy problems. It also improves people's quality of life. It also provides environmental protection.
Disadvantages of Smart Cities
1. Data protection becomes more difficult due to smart cities.
2. Many new requirements need to be met for the creation of smart cities.